Ok – printing is very Eighties – but in some situations it does make some sense to print something. Being on the road you can cut out your computer as the middleman: you can print your emails, contacts, fotos and other files as well as whole web pages – and you only need 3G and Wifi.
Would I buy again: Yes
Learning Curve: Easy
Who is it forSalesmen, Office workers, people who need print outs.
Version tested: 4.02 on iPod OS 3.1.3
Comparable Apps: ePrint, Printer Share
Available Languages: English, German, Chinese, French, Japanese
This App was tested by Michael
This is how it works:
- First you have to install a separate helper application, called “WePrint” to be running on your laptop or desktop computer
- Here we have this beautiful user interface for files, emails, web pages, contacts and images (camera is missing on the iPod Touch)
- To print out emails you can enter multiple email accounts – IMAP or POP3 without problems: it’s recommended to use a new Gmail account just for the Weprint app!
- If your email accounts have been synched you can print entire emails and attachments
- Now I show you how to print a photo: the app connects me with my iPhoto library, I choose a photo or two… and say: print!
- When being outside of your own Wifi Network you still can print via Proxy – using either a Gmail, IMAP, POP3 or iDisk account.
- Via “settings” I choose the size of the print and its orientation.
- You can print out Files, Images Web Pages and Contacts – and you can even change settings: which pages to print, duplex printing etc.
- Via the Help button you will be redirected to a very informative FAQ of the app maker, EuroSmartz.
Whether you mount your iPhone or iPod Touch as a disk or you share files from your computer – the smooth interface and the seamless integration of existing email accounts, contact and photo databases make it a lot of fun to use Print and Share! It’s definitley worth its price!
What I like about “Print n Share”:
- I can print wherever I am.
- High usability.
What I don’t like so much:
- Set up for printing via Proxy is somewhat difficult.